This recipe is definitely my own now. I have made so many changes to the original that I couldn’t say it is the same recipe any more!
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed (use a fork)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can reduce to ¾ cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup Quinoa bran
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C
2. Mash bananas in mixing bowl with fork
3. With wooden spoon, mix melted butter into mashed bananas
4. Mix in the sugar, egg & vanilla
5. Sprinkle the salt over the mixture and mix in
6. Add the flour and quinoa bran last, mix
7. Pour mixture into a buttered 4 x 8 inch loaf pan
8. Bake for 1 hour
9. Cool on a rack
10. Remove from pan and slice.
There is no need to use a mixer for this recipe, it tastes better if you don’t use one!
Serve the bread immediately (hot) or store in refrigerator.
Tastes great as a toast in the morning.