I saw a tweet yesterday from @plinkyprompts asking, ‘You’re writing your autobiography. What is your opening sentence?’ I thought this was a fun prompt for a blog.
My autobiography would have this photo or one like it. An autobiography would be a toast to ‘moi’ wouldn’t it?
I came up with the following options for my opening sentence:
- I sang, I danced (terribly) and I came to realise that neither pays well… so I did other things instead.
- The rollercoaster of life happens for us all… this is my rollercoaster.
- Thank you for reading this autobiography.
- This is my story.
- Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mother, Cleaner, Teacher, Nurse, Knitter, Blogger.
- From the crazy life to the mellow life, I’ve done it all. (This one probably sums it all up the best).
So what would you write as your opening sentence?